For 22 years, the Institute of International Banking Law & Practice has produced the world’s only annual record of court activity regarding LCs and guarantees, plus the year’s significant writing on international banking law & practice.
A critical tool in any LC and Guarantee practitioner's arsenal, the 2018 Annual Review of International Banking Law & Practice is a convenient and fully searchable eBook containing a year's worth of case summaries, expert articles, practice reports, and government actions.
Table of Contents
Note: All eBook order can take up to 24 hours to process.
19 Articles written by key experts from around the globe including:
- James G. Barnes: TT Reimbursement Misunderstood
- James E. Byrne: Letters of Credit
- Abhinayan Basu Bal: Can UNCITRAL Instruments Advance Supply Chain Finance to Benefit Small and Medium Enterprises?
- Charl Hugo: Demand Guarantees: Insights From the People’s Republic of China
- Michelle Kelly-Louw: Construing Whether a Guarantee is Accessory or Independent is Key
- Thandiwe Legwaila: Trade Digitization: Developments and Legal Aspects
- Jacob Manning: Non-Bank Issuance of LCs: Permitted, but Perilous in Some Instances
- Karl Marxen: Current Issues in the Law Relating to Independent Guarantees, Performance Bonds Payable on Demand, and Standby Letters of Credit – Perspectives From the United States, Australia, Singapore and Canada
- David Meynell: Digitalisation and Trade Finance: What’s Next?
- David Morrish: The Beauty of Standby Letters of Credit: Not Just in the Eye of the Beholder
- Bob Ronai: My Opinion About the Opinions and the Future of Rules for Documentary Credits
- Kim Sindberg: The Tipping Points of International Trade
- Chang-Soon Thomas Song: Can a Letter of Credit be Issued Which Requires a Copy Bill of Lading?
- Zhida Yan & Yong Chen: Clarification Needed for Critical Issues Regarding Bill of Lading Copies
94 CASE SUMMARIES FROM DECISIONS RENDERED IN 2017 INCLUDING:
- China Construction Bank v. Shanghai Pudong Development Bank (Impact of LC fraud on a negotiating bank discounting accepted bills of exchange under LCs)
- Deutsche Bank v. CIMB Bank (Confirming Bank and Issuing Bank’s differing interpretations of UCP600 Art 7(c))
- Kolmar Group v. Jiangsu Textiles Industry (Enforcement of a Singapore judgment by a Chinese court)
- Sincore International v. RBRG Trading (When forged documents do not matter)
- Toyota Tsusho (HK) Corp. v. Chimei Innolux Corp. (Remedies for a forged signature)
- So Sau v. DBS Bank (Issuing bank’s duty to counsel applicant regarding LC terms)
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries v. Laing O’Rourke Australia Construction (Link between independent undertaking and suretyship undertaking)
- SNC-Lavalin v. BNP Paribas (Applicant of Counter Guarantee sues to enjoin payment to Local Bank)
- ICBC v. China National Technical Imp. & Exp. Corp. (Fraud article of PRC Independent Guarantee Provisions)
- In re Factory Sales & Engineering, Inc. (Commercial standbys and detailed drawing statements)
10 PRACTICE REPORTS INCLUDING:
BAFT and IIF Joint Committee Letter
- Combatting Trade Based Money Laundering: Rethinking the Approach
- Guiding Principles for Sanctions Issues Related to Shipping and Financial Products
ICC Decision in Respect of A Revision of UCP 600
ICC Global Survey 2017
ICC Trade Register Report: Global Risks in Trade Finance
ISP Official Interpretation 1.01-1
ISP Official Interpretation 1.01-2
Summary of the April 2017 ICC Banking Commission Meeting “The Future of Trade Finance: Traditional,Technological and Transformational” 5-6 April 2017 • Jakarta, Indonesia
Summary of the November 2017 ICC Banking Commission Technical Meeting 8 November 2017 • London, UK
STATUTES & GOVERNMENT ACTIONS
WHO SHOULD READ THIS