Event schedule subject to change
8:30 – 9:00 Registration & Check-In
9:00 – 9:10 Welcome from Our Host:
9:10 – 9:30 Welcome & Introducing Yourselves
9:30 – 10:30 News & Trends in Global Trade & Treasury
10:30 – 11:00 Group Picture, Coffee & Networking Break
11:00 – 12:00 What are the Courts Saying?
12:00 – 12:45 The Latest from the ICC
12:45 – 13:45 Lunch Break
13:45 – 14:20 Managing Your Shipping and Vessel Risk
14:20 – 15:00 Trade Fraud & Money Laundering
15:00 – 15:30 Coffee & Networking Break
15:30 – 16:05 What's New from SWIFT: Trade Strategy Updated
16:05 – 16:50 Digitalisation Tools for Trade Finance
16:50 – 17:00 Summary of Critical Issues, Lucky Draw, and Closing Remarks
• Banking Staff - including operations staff and management,
any staff included in trade transactions.
• Corporate - Sales, services, FinTech, and industries using SBLCs and Guarantees
• In-house Counsel for financial institutions
• Lawyers outside of banking institutions dealing regularly with trade transactions
• Government Personnel dealing with regional or global concerns in cross
• Industry - Real Estate, Film, and beyond
What to Expect
• A Dynamic & Instructional environment
• Collegial atmosphere conducive to real conversations
• Gain understanding of future trends as they impact your daily operational work
• A unique cross section of legal, operations, and compliance with a focus on solutions for practical implementation.
The Annual Survey of Letter of Credit Law & Practice (Annual Survey) is the trade finance industry’s premier two-day conference providing structured interaction between participants and leading world-class experts.
Held each year since 1992, attendees of the Annual Survey include senior bankers, attorneys, LC and standby/ guarantee users, and other experienced specialists. Now is the time for individuals, companies, and firms to take advantage of all the benefits Annual Survey participation and sponsorship has to offer in 2023
- Learn from Leading World-Class Experts
- Interactive Discussion with Seasoned LC Professionals on Issues Which Matter to You
- Valuable Networking with Industry Leaders, Like-Minded LC Specialists, and Perspective Customers
- Distinguish Your Bank as a Leader in the LC Industry
- Professional Development Units – CDCS Specialists in Attendance earn PDUs
- Budget Value – Maximize Your Bank’s Attendance at a Fraction of the Cost of In-House Training
- In-Depth Analysis of Today’s Troublesome LC Practice Trends and Hot Topics
- UCP600 and Its Implications for the Future
- The Impact of ISBP … in Your Region and Around the World
- Valuable Insight into the Major LC Cases and Legal Considerations
- LC Open Forum: Pose Your Questions to Our Experienced Panelists
- ICC – Discussions of valuable, updated Rules needed for understanding LCs, Trade etc.
Given the highly competitive nature of LCs, it is important that banks active in the letter of credit market keep current with industry trends, including issues which cannot be solved by the next UCP. Year after year, the Annual Survey has excelled in assisting its attendees in understanding the impact of critical developments and strategies for enhancing customer relationships.
In conjunction with this unique conference each year, additional one-day seminars are also conducted which each focus on a specific area of letter of credit business.
In Person Attendees
This event takes place at the offices of Eversheds Sutherland at 979 King's Rd, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong.
https://goo.gl/maps/UbQsYgnUYV9sPgSR9Continuing Education Credits (CPDs)
This event will provide 7 CPDs toward recertification for CDCS, CSDG, and CTFC.Virtual Attendees
You will receive an email with a link to register for the Zoom attendance of this event in the week leading up to it. It is possible that you will receive an event ticket, which is solely for record keeping.
Please email Michael Byrne at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on the benefits of sponsoring IIBLP events, including seats, visibility, and access to a 'town square' for the industry.