IIBLP’s Introduction to Letter of Credit Law & Practice is an excellent introduction to the letter of credit instrument and its various applications in international trade.
This soft-bound book features case studies and practical questions to stimulate understanding of contemporary letter of credit court cases.
Table of Contents │ Sample Chapter
Note: All eBook order can take up to 24 hours to process.
What is Included
- Different types of payment mechanisms, comparing independent undertakings with their cousins (suretyship guarantees) and more distant relatives (collections) (Chapter 1)
- Letters of Credit with attention paid to the sources of letter of credit law and practice (Chapter 2)
- Obligations of the various players (Chapter 3)
- Procedural aspects of LC rules and laws (Chapter 4)
- Standard by which compliance is to be determined (Chapter 5)
- LC fraud exception to the independence principle (Chapter 6)
- focus on standby & independent guarantees (Chapter 7)
- Transfer and subrogation (Chapter 8).
Who Should Read This
- Bankers dealing with LCs
- In House Counsel for Banks
- Outside lawyers dealing with LCs
- Corporates who use commercial LCs
For orders requiring shipping outside the US:
We calculate shipping rates based on weight and transit distance. Rates are exclusive of taxes, duties, and customs fees. The purchased is solely responsible for any customs duties and taxes associated with the order.